Saturday, January 18, 2014

Gina's Designs DT Project: Valentine's Day Cards

Happy Saturday! I know I am thrilled the weekend is here! For my DT project this week, I have created three cards using Gina's cute chipboard pieces and paper from the Robin's Nest.
 
As you can see from the above photo, Gina's pieces work great on cards! I started each of my cards using white card stock.
For this card, I layered some of the Robin's Nest paper on the card after I distressed the edges with Walnut Stain. I then used the swans and heart from the Valentine's Shape Set. I also used the "together" and "forever" from the 10 Words set. I did emboss all four of the chipboard pieces. The words were embossed with several layers of the Walnut Stain Distressing Powder.
Here you can see I used layered the card again with some of the paper from the Robin's Nest. The Valentine's Day ribbon was from my stash. I distressed some of the edges of Gina's Doilies and used a metal medallion between them. On the top, I placed an embossed "love" from the String Alongs - Hearts. The "love" is from one of Gina's new string alongs sets and I simply cut the "string" part off. Gina's chipboard pieces are so much fun to work with!
For my last card, I used one of Gina's doilies, cut in in half and sprayed it with Lindy's Stamp Gang - Rizzo's Rowdy Red. Next, I layered it behind strips of paper from the Robin's Nest. I embossed some double hearts from the Valentine's Shape Set and added some of the alpha stickers from the Robin's Nest. I then filled in each of the hearts with Glossy Accents.

Thanks for stopping by and having a look.Gina has many amazing pieces for Valentine's Day. You can view them HERE.

Have a great weekend!!

Gina's Designs

Robin's Nest

No comments:

Post a Comment