Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Gina's Designs DT Project: Dog Bone Mini Album


Hello everyone! Today I have or you one of Gina's Dog Bone Mini Albums featuring my dog, Molly. The album contains six bone shapes to use for the covers and pages

The first thing I did was gesso all the bones.  After that I covered each of the bones with paper from The Pets Stack by DCWV and inked all the edges.On the cover, I embossed a chipboard frame with Lindy's  Madonna Rube Blue Gold. I put two metal pieces from ButterBeeScraps on both sides of the frame. The  metal letters spelling out "Molly" were from my stash. The letters were on top of paperclips and I easily broke them off and attached them to the frame with E-6000. The picture in the frame was from the first day home.
I attached the album with a ring and tied some different ribbons on it.
Here are the first two pages of the book.
The "sweet" is a cutout from the paper collection and is attached to one of the dog bone tags that comes with the album. The is a total of three bone tags and three circle dog tags that come with the album.
The three pictures are framed with paper from the collection. The paper mats are inked and then attached to the album with pop up squares. The paw print was cut out from the paper collection.
Here are pages three and four!
On page three I used the three-frame film strip that comes in the "Say Cheese Shapes Set". I embossed it with black and attached photos of her hanging with her friends - playing ball with Dakota,  "grilling" with Phoenix, and chilling with Hershey!


 This is page five and six showing the two things she loves best; her tennis balls and napping on the couch!
I once again inked all the photo mats and included a journal spot about her obsession with tennis balls! These are the only thing she will play with. Molly has about seven balls and each one is for different moods - chewing, outside play, inside play,  nap time, or even guarding them while she eats!
Okay, I promise the page is not slanted! I snapped pictures of it standing up. Here is my spoiled dog claiming the couch!
Here we have pages seven and eight. The Polaroid frame is from the "Say Cheese Shapes Set".
Her first nap on the kitchen floor on her first day home: 6-22-2011! Yes, I know most people bring home puppies. My puppy just happened to be almost 10 years old!
The "fun" is from the paper collection and placed inside one of the embossed miniature bookplates.
Pages nine and ten complete the book.


. I used another miniature bookplate and the word "joy" on page ten.
The back cover is just plain and I used the same paper as I have on the cover. 

There you have it! I wanted a simple book to reflect how she is - simple! She is not high maintenance and is such a good dog! She has been visiting grandma the last few months and I can't wait to go pick her up!
 Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I have all the links to Gina's products below plus a list of the other products used.

Gina's Designs

Other Products Used
Bling: Me & My Big Ideas
Metal Filigree: ButterBeeScraps
Embossing Powder: Lindy's: Madonna Rube Blue Gold, Midnight Bronze
Metal Letters: from stash
Paper: DCWV - the Pets Stack
Stickers: Elevations: Doggy Elevations
Jolee's Boutique: Spoiled
Life's Little Occasions: Pet Firsts Dog
EK Sucess: Epoxy Dog Phrase
Glue: E-6000, Aleene's Tacky Glue, ATG
Ink: Tim Holtz-Walnut Stain, Color Box - Brown, Stazon - Black
Ribbon: Stash

No comments:

Post a Comment