Saturday, December 31, 2016

A Black Lantern for GSLCuts

Happy New Year's Eve!! Do you ever get that itch for something new in your home decor? I knew that I wanted something that I could keep out year round on top of my computer armoire. I was really inspired by Betsy's winter lantern,  and this I came up with.


I started by putting the frame together except I left the lid off. I also did not use the inside divider. After a coat of black gesso was dry, I cut apart the pieces of the Wrought Iron Set (contact store if you need to have this in your grasp!) and attached them to only three of the sides. Once the glue dried. I painted the entire thing in black gloss paint. After that, I attached velum paper to the sides that had the wrought iron pieces on it. I left the back open so I could easily reach in to turn the light on.
The top of the lantern is a 3x3 bagatelle box. I attached some of the pieces of the wrought iron to give it a little bit of a lift. The reason I wanted it raised up a bit was so I could place a second battery-operated tea light under it. I also painted this part with the black gloss paint.

Pearl beads were attached to the bottom of the lantern.



On behave of all the designers at Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts, I would like to wish everyone a happy 2017. Thank you for following us on our creative journey. We hope that we have inspired you to create some projects of your own. On a personal note, this will be my last project for GSLCuts. The last three years on this team have been amazing. I have been so privileged to work with Gina and all of her amazing designers. I can't wait to see what new designs Gina and the team comes up with!

Happy 2017!!!!

Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Items
Dimensional Diorama
Wrought Iron Set (Please contact the store)
3x3 Bagatelle Box (Please contact the store)

No comments:

Post a Comment