Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Gina's Designs DT Project - Art Journal Page

 WOW! March 31. Where did this month go? I hope this post finds you all well and ready for some wonderful spring (or fall for some of you) days! I know I am ready for windows to be open. Today I have another art journal page. Yes, I do believe these are my new addiction. I call this one "Bloom Where You R Planted."
For this one I took a couple of sheets out of a large dictionary that was going to hit the trash.  I cut the pages into strips of different sizes and adhered them to the page with a glue/water mix. Gesso was lightly brushed over the top and allowed to dry before I played around with watercolors. The Prima doll was stamped directly to the page and was colored in with watercolor crayons, paint and marker. Instead of legs, I gave her a stem.
The dragonflies were embossed with Orbit Olive Gold. I used a combination of paint, ink and marker on the flowers and planter. The letters were put on white card stock and I used ink and chalk to define them. 

Gina's Designs Items Used

Other Items Used:
Gesso
Page from a dictionary
Watered down Glue
Crayola watercolor paints
Stampin' Up watercolor crayons
Distress Inks: Bundled Sage, Broken China, Milled Lavender
Alpha stickers from stash
Prima doll stamp
Rubbermoon Art Stamp
Pretty Blooms Stamp Set by Scrappy Cat
Markers
Chalk
Acrylic Paint:Lemon Yellow, Deep Yellow, Medium Yellow, Violet, Portrait Pink, Leaf Green, Dark Green, Limonaide
Orbit Olive Gold by Lindy's Stamp Gang
Bling from stash

No comments:

Post a Comment