Thursday, March 27, 2014

Gina's Designs DT Project: Lace Banner


Hi everyone. Today I have designed a "lace" sign from Gina's Designs LOVE wall art kit! I plan on using it in my craft room to mark my lace area. When I have decided were that area will be, I will then make the decision on how I will attach it. For now I will just stand it up according style!
I lined the back chipboard with paper from Prima's Delight after edging it with Walnut Stain.  The corrugated squares were light touched with gesso. For the letters, I took the "O" and cut a small section from it to make a "C".  After a coat of gesso and embossing with Madonna Robe Blue Gold, I turned the "V" upside down and attached the little piece left over to form the "A."
The cutouts are from the paper line. I use a croched doily from my stash under the "A" and one of Gina's Designs under the "E". 
 The panels were attached together with a lovely piece of lace from CraftSupply1. I took out the ribbon that was woven through it. I then used one of my Tim Holtz Blending Tools and used it to drag the lace over the Antique Linen ink pad.
 Below are the before and after pictures of the blue and the flatter-brown flowers from CraftSupplies1.
For the blue flowers above, I simply applied a light coat of gesso to them.
The top flowers (as well as the flowers on the "C" and "A") all started out looking like the flower on the bottom. I first used gesso on them and then Placed around. the one on the left has Lindy's Stamp Gang embossing powder on it . The flower on the right has a little Lindy's scattered on it and then the stampin up! clear embossing powder over the entire flower. The one in the middle was inked and then embossed with clear. This gives another way to color them besides using alcohol inks.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!!!

Gina's Designs Products
LOVE Wall Art Kit
Cardstock Doily Set Intricate

CraftSupplies1
SHOP HERE

Other Products
Paper: Prima - Delight
Embossing Powder: Lindy's Stamp Gang - Madonna Robe Blue Gold
Stampin' up! - Clear
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Walnut Stain, Sage Green, Antique Linen and Pine Needles
Gesso: Studio 71 - white
Flower Buds and Leaves: Wild Orchid Crafts
Doily: Stash
Flat back Pearls and Bling: Stash
Butterflies with Bling: nail art.




No comments:

Post a Comment