Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Gina's Designs DT Project: Dressform Cork Board

 Happy Tuesday!I am pleased to bring you my latest DT project for Gina's Designs. I have made a cork board  to keep track of my DT project due dates. I used the box portion of the Daily Box SEW since I used a lot of the elements that came with it on my Couture Shop project. After a good coat of gesso, I actually papered the inside and outside sides with Couture Shop by Graphic 45. 
 And then I changed directions! I covered the sides with lace and trim from my stash. On the inside, I covered it with a piece of cork board and then some rosette lace I got from Suhafuha on Zibbet.

I used gesso on all the dressform pieces and colored them with marker before applying clear embossing powder to the miniature ones. I attached five of the mini dressforms to thumb tacks I had.
 The larger dressform (which is designed to be free standing) is covered with a piece of paper from the Couture Shop. 
 On the larger dressform, I attached a mini cork board that I made from one of the frames that was in a "thank you for order" from Gina. I attached one of the miniature dressforms to it. 
 The bottom of the large dressform is a flower cluster I made. Not only is it darling, but the cluster also hides the slit where the cross piece slides in to make the dressform stand on its own.


Thank you for stopping by my blog today! Don't forget about the sale going on at Gina's Designs right now - 15% off your entire purchase through March 15, 20014!
And YES!  
Gina ships ALL products internationally!


Gina's Designs
Frame - thank you gift for past order

Other Supplies
Lace: CraftSupplies1, Suhafuha, My Stash
Flowers: Lavish Laces, CraftSuplies1
Markers
Clear Embossing Powder
Cork Board
Loose Pearls
Pearl Trims: CraftSupplies1
Paper: Couture Shop by Graphic 45


No comments:

Post a Comment