Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Gina's Designs DT Project: February Sketch Challenge

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I have created a 12x12 layout using the February Sketch Challenge and my beautiful niece as inspiration.
The paper is from a K&Company value pack. I first started with gesso on all the chipboard pieces. I then mixed some white acrylic paint with TiffanyLou Blue. After applying a coat of this paint, I blended in a light touch of some of the Brilliant Blue paint. Once the paint had dried, I sprayed all the flourishes first with TiffanyLou Blue and then Blue Hawaiian Blue. 
The chipboard mask was embossed with black embossing powder and then while it was still hot, I sprinkled glitter over the top of it. I attached one of the chipboard pieces, feathers, and a bling piece from Martha Stewart. I then put the mask on pop dots before attaching it to the paper.
Yes, this butterfly is one of Gina's chipboard pieces! Before the gesso was dry, I gentle bent the wings up. I then used several colors of fine glitter on it. The butterfly is attached to a metal butterfly.
This flourish is stamped with a script stamp from Inkadinkado.
Here is a different view of the print on the flourish. The little butterfly has glitter on it as well.
 Thanks again for stopping by. Don't forget about the sale going on at Gina's Designs - 15% off your entire order!

Gina's Designs Products


Other Products
Paper: K&Company Value Pack
Glitter: Martha Stewart: Lapis Lazuli, Aquamarine Crystal, Turquoise, Florentine Gold
Paint: Folk Art:Brilliant Blue & Craft Essentials:White
Feathers
Lindy's Stamp Gang: TiffanyLou Blue, Blue Hawaiian Blue
Metal Butterfly: ButterBeeScraps
Embossing Powder: Ranger:Black 



No comments:

Post a Comment