Saturday, January 25, 2014

Gina's Designs DT Project - New Marker Holder

Happy Saturday!!! What I have created for you today is this marker holder using Gina's
desk organizer 1!

Yes, I did alter a letter holder not too long ago for this purpose but the slots were not big enough to hold all my markers in one box. This worked out great. I have approximately 85 markers in the holder and as you can see, I have room for plenty more! Gina also has an incredible marker cabinet that stores 165 markers. Click HERE to check that out.

After the box was assembled, I applied gesso and then a custom paint. The majority of the box is covered with DCWV: Linen and Lace. The front panel is The Paper Studio:Kellerkurtz & Company. Each piece of paper was distressed and then inked with Walnut Stain


On the front panel, I used one of Gina's Stackable Labels Shape Set. The perfect fit for that spot! I inked both of the pieces and applied clear embossing powder over the top of them. The metal band is one of Tim Holtz's word bands which I attached to the stackable with white organza ribbon.

The unit comes with these two great drawers! A perfect place to store extra marker nibs or crayons for you or your kids to use! The front of the drawers have metal drawer pull brads from ButterBeeScraps.
 
This unit would also be great for colored pencils, paintbrushes, gel pens and of course you could use it to organize your bills (but where is the fun in that!?).

I have the links to Gina's store for the products I used down below. There is also a list of the other products used on this unit as well.

Thanks for stopping by today! Stay warm - it is a cold one today!

Gina's Designs
 
Other Products
Paper: DCWV and The Paper Studio
Metal: Tim Holtz and ButterBeeScraps
Ink: Tim Holtz - Walnut Stain, Dusty Concord and Color Box -Dune
Glue: Aleene's Tacky Glue
Organza Ribbon
Paint: Folk Art: Thicket and Craft Essentials: White
Gesso: Daler Rowney
Distress Tool: Tim Holtz

 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment